A friend of mine, K, decided at the last minute she would like a quilt for her daughter. K picked out the colors and saw a quilt in the direction she wanted this one to head. We shopped in my stash and found everything except the light red fabric which K bought. It will be used for the binding also. The blocks were made by making a large (about 28" across) log cabin block and then I cut them into quarters. I did all the cutting and sewing; K did the designing and pressing.
The borders on two sides are just pinned to the design wall
Pinned basted and ready for me to free motion quilt it.
Here is the pieced strip we made for the back. This is a queen sized quilt.
Here is the quilting on the back and front. I am using the same color in the bobbin as the top thread.
I need to have the quilting done by March 14.
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Or is it boring, I just don't know. Here it is:
I'm happy I managed to continue the shape of one of the triangles in the binding:
And I added a tiny triangle in the binding on the left side:
I thought about adding another layer of machine quilting in another colour or maybe adding shapes of triangles hand quilted with thicker thread... but I really don't know. I don't want to 'overdo' it.
The hanging sleeve isn't attached yet...
Thanks for your suggestions !