Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Eye candy and a little bit of progress

Brenda here with some Amish goodness.I know this Trip around the World block isn't liberated, but it's still worth sharing with you . This one here made by a fellow guild member for our monthly challenge (see my blog here for all the blocks) measures 12.5 inches with half-inch squares. It's really, really lovely.
I think all Amish quilts have an element of liberation -- no matchy matchy prints from the same design line here -- just honest solids that speak boldly and clearly.
I've been watching the progress on this blog and you are all amazing. I've been really unfocussed with my attempt to liberate a quilt. I did cut and re-sew my strip into this, but it's not really working for me. And I do have words to share, just no quilt to put them in. It's a bit of a backwords process here, but maybe that's the liberated part.


2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

maybe the words could be at the center with some of the fun piecing around it?????

Diane said...

Oh, I love your strippy center. Have you tried placing a dark frame directly around it? That would make the colors really pop!