Monday, October 18, 2010

Triangle Quilt - "Amish Lib."

At last I finished!  
I took the center panel with me to Gwen Marston's Beaver Island Quilt Retreat the first week on October, promising myself that I would get the words and the borders finished while I was there.  Hooray, it happened!

After getting home I worked on the quilting, first covering those triangles with crosshatching.

Then I put uneven feathers in the two side panels, "echo-ed" the words, and put straight lines behind them.  [I had decided that the YEAR would be easier in Roman numerals because there are only straight lines for 2010.]

I know I missed the deadline, but I am really pleased with the result.  
It makes me smile!

Sara Homeyer

10 comments:

Heidi said...

me too ! Wonderful :-))

Clare said...

This is wonderful.

Glad you got to finish it at the BIQR. Lucky you!

Tonya Ricucci said...

whee, fun! makes me smile too. ooh BIQR, so wish I could have gone too.

Joansie said...

Your work is beautiful! I'll have to go back to some of your previous posts and read more.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Super terrific, I must get to work and finish my quilt!

Chris Daly said...

really playful! I love the colors.

Lynley said...

There was a deadline??? Love it, especially the centre triangles, they look exceptionally jolly. And what a good idea for roman numerals!! A very classy touch, which every liberated quilt needs.

Sharon said...

This made me smile too. Congrats on the finish. I'm still quilting mine!

Kim said...

Very nice....great colors!
Happy Sewing

Sujata Shah said...

Wow! Your quilt looks beautiful!