Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shine


"Shine" is quilted, bound and DONE!  This was my first quilt for the Lib Amish Get Together.

I can't belive it's taken me a year to get this done. I just couldn't decide how I wanted to quilt this. I finally took my inspiration from antique Amish quilts (should be a no-brainer, right?) and machine-quilted triple diagonal lines. Free-hand, of course. I was liberated enough to use my sewing machine, or it would be a realllllly loooong time before this got finished . . . hee hee!


I didn't measure anything, and I didn't stress about it. It only took me a few hours to get this done, once I got going.



 
I really like this quilt.  I think it finally came together just right.

8 comments:

Leizls Ramblings said...

I love it. You are right, quit agonizing and start doing, it's amazing how things get done. I love the tirple lines. I'm still not finished mine, I got sidetracked on another hand quilting project.
Sharon @ grassrootsquilting

Leizls Ramblings said...

I'm at work and logged on as LISA hahahah
Sharon @ grassroots....

Sue said...

Great colors and I love the triple diagonals.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Such a super accomplishment

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, fabulous!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Just exactly right ... congrats on a super finish!

Chris Daly said...

Congratulations Sharon! It looks fabulous!

ButtonMad said...

wow cool quilt well done - cheers