Friday, August 13, 2010
Liberated log cabins
I'm stalled on my challenge project Be Well (it needs tieing, but I want wool yarn that will felt and I haven't found any yet) but I spent a little time today playing with some black and grey blocks given to me. I thought the contemporary prints needed a bit of traditional solid so I turned them into log cabins. Not sure what's next with them, but here's a little variation on the liberated Amish quilts. Somehow I think if an Amish woman was given some printed blocks, she might be tempted to include that free fabric in a quilt.
Oops: I just read Tonya's new "rules" for the next challenge. I met some of the criteria, but I have to admit to using the ruler and rotary cutter for the final square up.