Here's my progress as of yesterday, May 10th. I've gotten the center of the quilt all sewn together. I'm working on my letters/word, and then I'll be ready to add the border. I'll have another opportunity for creativity with the borders, as I don't have enough of any one fabric for the border.
As I was looking at the challenge quilt hanging on the design wall yesterday, I thought the top was billowing in the breeze. And then I realized that the wonky 9-patches are creating an "Op Art" effect! They look like they're bending or bowing out, due to the off-centered-ness of the blocks. That was a fun surprise that I never expected!