Sunday, September 19, 2010

A Challenge is a challenge

I really am grateful to Tonya for the challenge! At first, I thought that I was making the world's most unlovely quilt. But being as spontaneous as you can grows on you. And I found great satisfaction when combining the fabrics and colors. I have added three border strips to the quilt since the last post. And now I feel that I have finished the top. There's a bit of a way to go yet, as I decide how to quilt it. I'm thinking about hand quilting it, except that my arthritis might not like all that stitching. I may have to tie it. Because of the unevenness of the top, I think that machine quilting would make big puckers.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

great job. the outer parts look very gee's bendy and then there are those bright pops of color in the center. so sorry to hear about the arthritis - ouch! I vote for tying it!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Yes, I've got it pin basted, and going to tie it.