Monday, July 12, 2010

No Longer Wordless


Hi, Chris D here. I've been hooked on Tonya's Free Pieced Letters since the first time I saw the idea. When she blogged about this challenge I just had to play.

My quilt top is finally well underway. From the beginning I knew exactly what phase I wanted to use. Deciding on the pattern to use was the hardest part. There were so many gorgeous patterns to choose from in "Amish Abstractions" book!

I love Amish quilt patterns and color pallets. My favorite fabrics to work with are batiks and hand dyes. These fabrics can be so vibrant and allow more flexibility.

I plan to make a few changes to the colors I am using in my blocks but hope to finish this top by the end of this weekend.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Love your colors - the lime just aparkles!!!!!!!!

ROZ said...

I just love it! great colors

Clare said...

This is wonderful. Great colours and the letters are just awesome.

laura said...

I luv this- it reminds me of the test pattern that would show back in the day after a tv station signed off. I can remember several late nights waking up to that image and the lovely elongated tone that accompanied it.

Tonya R said...

love the sentiment and the straightforwardness of it. and wow, your font is fabulous. those Os have so much character. wonderful!!

debbi d-w said...

Love those long bands of color in all different shades - nice ideas, both words and design!

Kim said...

What a fun quilt........
so lively and bright.....the letters are just fantastic....they look perfect!

Happy Sewing