Sunday, April 18, 2010

PlaidtasticTop done!

Wow! everyone has come along way with their projects and they look fabulous! I left mine for so long, I almost forgot about it....but I was in the middle of projects and I thought I should do my letters...I really like the way the block pops and the letters just become part of the background...I love staring at this and am so pleased the way it is, but now I am afraid to quilt it...I would like to keep the main yellow squares clean and free of quilting...

One thought I had, was to machine quilt with invisible thread, lines through the plaid parts, criss-crossing, leaving the corner blocks and yellow outer blocks free of quilting, then grid quilting in black the borders. I could hand quilt it, but I have so many other projects that need to be hand quilted, that I don't want to add to that pile. I also want the block to be the main focus and not the quilting.

12 comments:

Kathy said...

looks fantastic!

beth said...

Love it!! Very wonky and fun!

Jewel said...

Love how it came together!

Kim said...

Oh wow this is such a nice quilt......what size is it?
Are you going to hang it in your house?

Well I hope the quilt tells you what to do next...it is just great looking .

Happy Sewing

Michele said...

That's so neat! And I love the name you came up with.

Brenda said...

it's lovely. I like how the numbers and letters are visible but not dominant. as to quilting, how about some stitch in the ditch, which would pop but not overwhelm the plaid?

Tonya Ricucci said...

fantastic. So happy to see the initials and year there, yet they don't draw attn away from that wonderful center.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Super quilt

woolywoman said...

I advise against invisible thread. There is nothing in life that is better for having polyester involved with it. How about gently waving lines both horizontal and vertical, more plaid if you will. Just a thought.

Heidi said...

Beautiful quilt !
And I'm with woolywoman, no invisible thread :-) For me it just wouldn't fit ( IMHO )

comicbooklady said...

yeah, I know what you mean, what I like about the invisible though is it adds the texture of quilting but not colour...what colour thread should I use to make the wavy plaid, black, plum/purple, yellow, or taupe/beige?

Juanita said...

Strikingly beautiful!