Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This Sort of Counts

I'm doing a quilt top swap with Lynne. She's working on a secret project that just blew me away and I wanted one too. So I made this for her. She wanted something very me. Which this is. 


Back when I was playing with Rumspringa quilts in Paris, I made lots and lots of extra L-O-V-E blocks. And I can't even remember what I was working on that I made some I's for Lives as well as Loves. (Definitely did that in the last year after Pokey got sick.) Anyway, it was easy to just put this top together with letter blocks I already had. The border is actually more purply than it looks here.

I have to admit, I have been struggling with a quilt for this challenge. I know, I know it should have been easy. I get started and then lose focus.

Meanwhile you guys are making some amazing quilts. I'm so proud of you all. Send me photos of finished quilts if you want them on the UnRuly Quilter website. Right now I only have Laura's.

15 comments:

Rene' said...

Tonya, great quilt! Really like the Love and Live. Of course, your letters blocks are awesome! I like your V's with the layers of color.

Do you want use to wait until our quilt top is quilted before posting pictures to unrulyquilter or is a finished top OK?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Awesome swap plan - what a GREAT flimsy!!!

wishes, true and kind said...

I love-love-love this! Really awesome!

Tonya Ricucci said...

In answer to Rene's question: finished quilts for the website photo pls.

Michele said...

Love that Tonya!

Jewel said...

I love it... live it... really neat!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Really very artistic

Kim said...

This would make a great Hallmark card!
Love the colors and layout......

Happy sewing

Diane said...

I LOVE THIS!

Millie said...

I love it too! i am thrilled and excited!

-Lynne

Lisa ONeill said...

Fantastic!!!!

Becca said...

<3 it!

jmb_craftypickle said...

oh so love-ly. I have been trying to get it together too... but I have until June right??!! It will happen.

Quiltefia said...

Hi!! I love this one too!! Anne:-)

Lurline said...

Oh, Tonya, I just love this quilt - could you please email me!
Hugs - Lurline♥