Saturday, June 5, 2010

All Quilted


I've had my small Bars top done for some time, and now the simple quilting is finished too. I washed the quilt, because this deep dark Kona indigo simply grabbed every little fuzzy in the air-and I like the washed appearance. Wish I had made this a bit larger for a small lap quilt (I am a rather small person!).
The best part of this Get Together has been seeing how everyone has interpreted their choice of pattern, the colors they have used, the words they have chosen for their quilts--and reading the great stories that go along with each quilt. I definitely want to work more with solids. Thanks, Tonya!

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Very nice, finished is great! I really like the blue stop border, gives some punch to the piecing.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Lovely and I like your intrepretation of this idea--the blue bars are the center, and the pieced are the sides!

Marit said...

Lovely, lovely....
Love the calm colors you used, andI think the dark binding is very attractive here!

Tonya Ricucci said...

fabulous love the colors and the quilting - you did great!

Kim said...

The red initials are just a perfect
touch.....its a lovely piece of work.
Nice job !:0)

Happy sewing

Sharon said...

Great job! Wow, you're finished! This looks so good. I love your colors, and I like the unobtrusive yet noticeable initials. That blue inner border really makes the quilt sing.

Cheryl said...

Love it! It looks like you grabbed it right off the clothes line on Amish wash day!

Kathleen C said...

Thank you, everyone! Kathleen