Monday, June 28, 2010

Top is done

Here is my top all done - yeah! I couldn't think of any words I wanted on it so I just pieced the year and put that in one of the skinny accent strips. I really like how the little touch of purple looks. I didn't think the hand dyes I had done would look so good together! I am very happy the way this turned out. Now I just need to concentrate on getting it quilted. Sorry about the shadow of my bicycle wheel across the lower right corner.


Here is the pearl cotton I dyed to compliment the colors in the quilt. I want to do both machine and hand quilting on this - I just have not figured out what I want to do yet.

5 comments:

Sujata Shah said...

I think your hand dyed fabrics look great together and love that skinny strip! The pearl cottons are going to be perfect finish to the quilt!

Brenda said...

it looks great and I'm interested to see what you'll do with the quilting yarns

debbi d-w said...

love your top! It feels very "Gee's Bend-ish" to me - which, come to think of it, is rather liberated Amish! Congrats on your finish - I'm still aiming to get mine in!

Tonya Ricucci said...

it's beautiful! I love the softness. ooh, gorgeous quilting thread too - this is going to be fabulous!

Quiltefia said...

Wow! I love this!! Great fabric!!! Look forward to see it quilted!! Anne:-)