Friday, January 29, 2010

Greetings

from a little cabin in the N. Georgia woods. I'm Laura, and a great fan of all things wonky. I started my liberated adventure after seeing Tonya's work in a magazine. Her BLOG was included in the article and after virtually dropping by, I started my first "wonky" quilt, a neighborhood of houses entitled "As For Me And My House". Eventually it was raffled off with the proceeds going to help purchase blankets for orphans in Afghanistan. I have a well season box of solids, recently discovered after 15 years in storage due to a labeling mistake. So, let the fun begin! Can't wait to see what everyone creates... leaning (a very accurate word for this project) towards the Roman Stripes.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

that really was a gorgeous house quilt you made. yay, you're going to use your ancient solids (I have some that I bought over 20 years ago that need to be used up).