Saturday, January 30, 2010

Roamin' Stripes


027:Roman Stripes crib Holmes County, OH c.1930 46"x38"
Laura here- A few years ago, wait a minute-ouch 20 years ago, I fell in love with antique Amish quilts. Never able to afford them, I had to be satisfied with collecting books depicting their glory. One of the things that amazed me about these wonderful quilts were their color and in particular the blues that seemed to vibrate, (remember 20 years ago we were knee deep in "colonial" blue) especially when set against a black background. This quilt reminded me of those blues I loved.

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, yeah, beautiful quilt. There's just a little bit of other colors in there, just hints. gonna be gorgeous!

Nat Palaskas said...

Laura, that's one gorgeous quilt you have chosen - Love it - Hugs Nat

Jewel said...

I love that quilt Laura it really caught my eye too.