Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Quilt Top Finished
My liberated Amish quilt became a Chinese Coins design, even though I meant it to be a liberated version of Bricks in Bars in the Brown Collection. I had decided to put my initials or words on the back of the quilt, because I wasn't pleased with my initials on the front. Today when I was cutting the outer borders, I cut one too short, with not enough fabric remaining to recut.
This could have led to interesting and colorful liberated solutions, but the strip with my initials was sitting nearby. It was just the right length, so I stitched it onto the border. The quilt top is 30" x 32". I may try freehand Baptist fans on this quilt; I am practicing them on a square of fabric with borders attached. Thanks to Tonya and Clare for tips on doing freehand fans.