Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Hello!

My oh my...you have all been busy! This is so inspiring!

I will have something to post later on in the week -- but for now I will just introduce myself. My name is Diane, and I live in NYC. I have been quilting for longer than I can remember at this point. I also teach quilting at The City Quilter in Chelsea. One of my first loves in quilting was string quilting - in fact, I have a string quilting class coming up this weekend - but I've also played around with Liberated Quilts. Recently, since I've been going to quilting retreats in Shipshewana, IN, I've also fallen in love with Amish quilts -- so this challenge is a combination of a lot of my favorite things.

My Amish Abstractions book arrived yesterday, and I am devouring those luscious photos.

I've been a big fan of Tanya's work and her blog for a while now, so it's a pleasure to stop lurking and play with all of you on this fun project!

More later in the week, I promise... I am possibly the most technically-challenged quilter on the internet today, so I have to coerce a friend into taking some digital pix for me, but maybe this will inspire me to get a digital camera and get myself into the 21st century!

Diane/NYC
(no snow yet, darn it)

4 comments:

beth said...

welcome. I just began using camera (loading pics on computer) and blogging last summer and now I'm an "old pro" (ha ha). I found that using the little book that came with the camera was the easiest way for me to learn....and it wasn't that hard!

Kathy said...

if you want snow....I can send you some!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Welcome! So happy you've come to play with us. We'll get you blogging in no time. Wish I could come take your class - I bet it's going to be loads of fun. you WANT snow????

Diane said...

I am perverse, I know...but I LOVE snow. I grew up in Cleveland, and NYC will never have enough for me! This kind of weather makes me happy beyond reason.

OK, I am spoiled, I live in an apartment, don't have to shovel, and my real job is a 15-minute walk from home.

We did get a little snow, but nothing like the 20" they said were possible.