Saturday, February 13, 2010

love doing letters


I used to teach Matt (now 18) his letters on our front steps by bending pine needles into the shapes of letters. I think that's why I love making these, it reminds me of those days when he was 2 and even the most mis-shapen pinestraw letters were worth clapping for. The blue is actually a little more deep cobalt like the blue so many amish women use in their dresses. Piecing the body, hich is almost done, into the letters will be a challenge. The body of the quilt is cobalt blue and black.

5 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful!!!! love your letters, esp the C and S.

Kathy said...

I love your letters!

Clare said...

Great colours. Love the a.

Yvonne said...

I love the letters and your choice of colors.

kwilta said...

Definitely liberated both your work and words - love it