Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Started Bricks in Bars

I've stitched some bricks together in a limited palette using fabrics I already had. I think the bars will be a deep dark navy, though for now I've put the bricks on top of a navy print that I have on hand. I'll also try black for the bars, as Clare suggested to me. I originally had bricks made of 2 marbled fabrics-I took those out, and I'm going to also take out the light navy mottled. (The colors always look much clearer and brighter in photos than on the design wall in my studio).
The original Bricks in Bars (http://www.pbase.com/brownsf/image/85044737) has a wonderful life to it and a uniformity in the bricks that I really like. My version is missing that, and it is now becoming a Coins quilt. I've been in a "navy mood" which is why I started out with these fabrics; I think I'll continue to play with this-and maybe add more colors.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

You're off to a great start! :)

Tonya Ricucci said...

love the mix of colors. your warm colors really have a glow to them. you're doing great and learning how to blog too - woohoo.

wishes, true and kind said...

I really like the way this is going! I like how the blues blend into the navy and then there are pops of the warmer colors! A very nice effect!

joan