Sunday, February 14, 2010

Red, Green, Blue and (maybe) Yellow

Fabrics for Amish ChallengeThese are the fabrics I had in mind for this challenge. I purchased the reds (pinks), blues and greens at Yoder's General Store in Shipshewana, Indiana. The yellows are some Lund Hand-dyed FQs.

I want to play with a limited palette (3 or maybe 4 colors, if I include the yellows) in many values, along with the dark gray the fabrics are sitting on. While I expect my 9-patch quilt to look quite different from its inspiration, I hope to achieve some of it's glow.

I plan to cut lots-o-strips in preparation for making a bunch of 9-patch blocks while I watch the Olympics. 

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, purty. I love that 9=Patch quilt, so happy to see someone working from that!

Kim said...

Me too...just love that nine patch...
you certainly have a nice color palate to choice from :0)

Happy sewing

Clare said...

Wonderful colours for a gorgeous quilt.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Yoder's in Shipshewana . . . was there many (!) years ago before I was a quilter. Sigh.

LOVELY colors!