Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Introduction!

Hello Everyone - I'm Lurline! It is so nice to join you, however it is with a little trepidation that I do - I am a traditional quilter - love antique quilts and also enjoy making modern quilts, too! I really like the idea of venturing into liberated quilting, but I have a funny feeling it will be hard for me to break out of the old constraints. I'm going to try and I'm sure I'll have a lot of inspiration around me!

I have bought Gwen's new book and am quite fascinated. This Wonky Log Cabin is as far as I have extended myself and I must say that I really enjoyed making it as I love playing with colour and design!

I'm looking forward to making an Amish quilt - it will be a real challenge! I will have to buy some plain colours and that probably is a good thing. Kaffe is a very great favourite of mine, so maybe I'll even look at his shot cottons - we have plenty of time to think about that and I have a little matter of shoulder surgery in March to get out of the way first - it is nice to dream!
Thanks for having me, and if you like, you can find out lots more about me at Lurline's Place - I'd love a little visit!
Happy day - Lurline♥

7 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

that's a great liberated log cabin. always fun to try new things. I know you can do this. Shot cottons would be great for this project.

YankeeQuilter said...

I love his shot cotton but have used up all the colors that I loved...need to go online and find more I guess. Have fun with the liberated style....

Cheryl said...

Fun quilt! I like the sashing choice it unifies the quilt. Look forward to seeing what you do. Good luck with the surgery.

Sharon said...

This challenge is a great jumping off point for those not so traditional ideas that have been running through my mind. I hope you have fun with this project, I'm very glad I've joined in.

Kathleen C said...

I think you are plenty liberated, with your wonky log cabin!

Kim said...

Oh Lurline your work is so beautifully done I can't wait to see what you come up with on this challenge.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder and wish you a quick recovery.

Happy Sewing

Kim said...

Oh Lurline your work is so beautifully done I can't wait to see what you come up with on this challenge.
Sorry to hear about your shoulder and wish you a quick recovery.

Happy Sewing