Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Not too liberated...

It is one of those dilemmas...if I wanted straight lines and even seams it would never happen. In this case I told myself they didn't matter so even a quilting drill sergeant couldn't find a mistake on this top!So I will have to leave it to the letters to make it liberated...the letters will be in the peacock blue fabric on a black background. While thinking about the Amish liberated quilts and rummaging through my solids I came up with this top I made back in the late 80's! Now this one is in tough shape...really bizarre seam widths. My featherweight must have been having "issues" since there are spots on this quilt that the stitching skips all over the place! Also, the black has faded...not in a nice way. So I am tossing around ideas of putting the top on the chopping block and liberating it from the bottom of the solid bin....what do you think?

4 comments:

Jewel said...

That is a great idea! Just think of the fun stuff you could do with it rather than having it laying around!!

Clare said...

It's Murphy's Law isn't it? Wonky goes straight and straight goes wonky. Weel that's what I think!

Yes! Liberated it!

Tonya Ricucci said...

I'm in with the liberate it crowd!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

go for it! It's been in the box this long, whip out that rotary cutter baby! and have some fun! ;-)