Friday, February 12, 2010

Looking forward to start

Hi all, my name is Ati, I am from the Netherlands but I live in Norway. I am looking forward to start with an unusual Amish quilt and add letters too, which is totally new for me. About 20 years ago I made an Amish quilt "sunshine and shadow". Pieced by machine and quilted by hand. You see a detail photo of it above and HERE is the whole quilt and HERE the back were you can see the quilting very good.
These days I cannot longer quilt such a big quilt by hand but machine quilting can also be nice.
I looked at the photos of the Brown collection and I was switching between the 027 Roman stripes and the 105 Crazy quilt , because I made many crazy quilts the last 5 years.
However I decided to start with the 027 Roman stripes, the quilt will be for my daughter to use on the sofa in her living room.
The fabrics are washed and are ready to be cut up :)

6 comments:

laura said...

Beautiful quilt Ati. I am so excited that people from everywhere are all in the same "class". We can inspire, encourage and celebrate each other and our quilts right from where we are. Welcome!

Susan Ward said...

Such beautiful work:) You are a very talented quilter.I look forward to seeing your new quilt

I am going to do my first Amish Quilt Log Cain Variation Crib Quilt Arthur. I would love to do it in wool. If I can find some orange wool LOL

YankeeQuilter said...

Your hand-stitching is beautiful in this quilt! great to see so many folks from all over the world joining in!

Kathy said...

beautiful quilting!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Ati, what a beautiful quilt. wonderful. I look forward to seeing what you do for this class!

Yvonne said...

What a great quilt.....welcome to the group!