Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Warm-Up Quilt

Sharon from Indigo Threads checking in! Here's my "warm-up" quilt top. . . it's a finished flimsy now. It's 21 inches by 23 inches, so not very big. I finally got my word done....whew! The hard part was that the letters came out bigger than I thought they would, and I had already done the other borders to 3 inches. That top border is 5 inches, due to the size of the letters. Still having some problems with that. It seems to be hard for me to make a small 'S'. And somehow, that 'E' was supposed to be lower-case and I got confused at a critical juncture. But I decided that I like it, and so I left it.

So, frankly, I've been stalling on doing the 9-Patches for the quilt I'm supposed to be making, and this was my excuse. Now that it's done, I have to get into the quilt studio and just do those 9-patches! Everyone on here is doing inspiring things, so when I get stuck, I come here and scroll through all the posts. Really, I'm having fun doing this and I think I know better what I'll be aiming for. Thanks for all the inspiration and encouragement!

6 comments:

wishes, true and kind said...

Nicely done! I was just looking at some quilts with words/letters, and noticing the mix of upper and lower case. It's a great look, I think. My mantra when quilting is, "I meant to do it that way." A mistake is not a "mistake," it's a "design choice."
=)

Kathy said...

it looks really pretty!

Ati said...

O, Sharon, this is very nice, I really love it!

Tonya Ricucci said...

you did great! and these letters are already smaller than the first Woooo you did! the more you do the letters, the easier it gets. I like the different borders, who cares the top one is wider.

Sharon said...

I haven't attempted any letters yet, it's the next part, but I want to have a few hours to really work at the process. Yours is fabulous. I like the stars and brights,

YankeeQuilter said...

love how the star's tail goes through the bottom of the quilt...very nice!