Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Triangles #93

I'm inspired by http://www.pbase.com/brownsf/image/85043447 or their #093.

I went for fewer colors, tho' there are actually three different reds. I intended to make wonky triangles, but I also GOT some of the colors in the "wrong" placement by mistake. I'm leaving them.

Also the strips were not even width when I was done sewing the triangles together, so I cut two off them narrowing at one end, in opposite directions so the whole thing would approximate rectangular.

My current question is: better for the red triangles to point down or up?

Sara

4 comments:

Kim said...

Yes, I see your point and I think I like it upside down from how you are showing it now.

Its playing tricks on my eyes too
love the colors :0)...very liberated!

Happy sewing

Tonya Ricucci said...

ooh, wonderful. I love it just as it is with the reds going down. very cool.

YankeeQuilter said...

Wow...very fun. If I had to choose I would say down...but that may be cause it was so uncomfortable to have to climb up on my desk to look down at the monitor to see it upside down....

Heidi said...

beautiful..and I don't mind where the triangles point :-)
This is an example and inspiration for my chosen pattern !!