Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Progress II

Been sewing like crazy these last few days.

Here is the finished centre and the first border, which I now think is too wide and I'm going to cut down a bit.

Not too sure what to do for the next border as I don't want to detract from the centre.  I thought about using a thin strip of the dusky pink I used in the quilt.  Definitely NOT yellow!  The large outer border will be black.


When I was piecing the blocks together I lost the plot somewhat and it isn't the same as it was.  Some blocks got moved around and I forgot the original placement.  I usually take a photo before I start piecing everything together so I can remember where it all goes.  This time I forgot to and I think it's lost a certain je ne sais quoi!

I also think that putting the original words around the border - "S is for Stripes (or Strings)" - will be too much so I'm thinking of doing that for the back. Is this within the rules?

8 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

it's wonderful, Clare. seems like a bunch of folks are rebelling at putting letters on the front. that was part of the challenge, but what the heck. put 'em where you want!

dutchcomfort said...

Love it Clare! Letters on the back... it’s unruly quilting isn’t it?!

wishes, true and kind said...

Your quilt is going to be just gorgeous! I think letters on the back would be great!

Cheryl said...

Don't know what your original layout looked like, but this looks great to me. I think the thin pink strip would look good.

Clare said...

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm going to start cutting the letters - I'm thinking red on black - and then I'll see what it looks like.

It it is too much then they can go on the back which saves me from having to pick a backing :-)

Diane said...

I love lettering on the back of a quilt. It's a great surprise for those who sleep under it. This layout sure looks great to me!

Rene' said...

I love what you have done Clare. Looks great. Brilliant colors.

kwilta said...

A real eye catcher Clare, the colours are really coming through.