Saturday, February 27, 2010

Making Progress


I've just put the first border on my sort-of liberated Bricks in Bars quilt; the outer border will be the dark indigo used for the bars. I say "sort-of" because I strayed further from the original quilt than I intended. My quilt is basically a chinese coin design, whereas the original has a very different feel to it.
I think I'll put my initials in the border, centered or in the lower corner, though I'm still considering words. In my home (as opposed to on the computer), the colors in the quilt are more muted--that's what I wanted to play around with in this quilt.

7 comments:

Susan Ward said...

Kathleen Looks awesome great colors

laura said...

this is great- I love the colors, especially how the red adds a real spark.

Tonya Ricucci said...

muted or not, they are beautiful colors. really like the composition

beth said...

what a beautiful shade of blue on that border! lovely.

wishes, true and kind said...

I love the colors!

Kathleen C said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments.

Rene' said...

Kathleen, I really like this. The colors are fabulous and great choice on the border. Can't wait to see your letters.