Monday, February 22, 2010

and that is OK


And that is OK!

I started working on my wonky words... First stab...
Since it's all crazy wonky I thought the affirmation:

I am not perfect, and that is OK

Would work nicely!
But two things, One I ran out of navy blue...
and two, I think I want them SMALLER to fit in the borders...

So, after a lovely trip to the quilt shop,( yippee!)
I may take another stab at it... or i may put the words on the back...

we'll see...
But I've stopped procrastinating, so that's good!

8 comments:

laura said...

I have trouble with the whole scale thing as well. I think it would look fabulous on the front and would make a great punctuation to it's wonderful wonkiness!

beth said...

looks great! and the trip to the fabtric store was an added bonus to this quilt...huh?

Sharon said...

I haven't made letters before either. If mine turn out this nice, I'll be thrilled, yours look great!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I delighted to see others who are planning to put words on the back . . . so am I!

Your letters are great! Keep going!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

I've made letters before, just haven't had a complete thought of where I want them... They seem to big for the scale of the top... Oh well, hi ho hi ho it's off to the quilt shop I go!!!

Rene' said...

Love it! Like the blue letters mixed in with the red letters. The backwards R is great! I can't tell from the picture if the scale works or not, but putting them on the back as a general rule is a great idea...wish I had thought of that before I did mine.

wishes, true and kind said...

Awesome quilt and I love your "statement". Wonderful!

Tonya Ricucci said...

your letters are great. I love how you pieced the fabrics in the background and the letters of perfect. That little lighter triangle in the first E is a great little touch. wish I could see the letters together with the top to get an idea of the scale.