Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Gonna see 'em in person...

Hi Everyone,

I really wasn't going to talk about this until I got back, but I thought it would be nice to let you all give me some suggestions as to what you would like to know about the quilts.... oh oops... I am going, tomorrow, to see the Amish Abstractions exhibit at the DeYoung museum in San Francisco. I live so close it would be stupid not to go, King Tut is there too so I get a two-fer :) If there are any specific ones that you have a question about and it is one of the ones there I would be happy to take as close a look as possible and let you know. I am going to take a notebook with me because I want to take notes on the quilts so I don't forget what I saw :) Let me know.

I have no progress to share on my quilt yet, I have been doing some sewing for my other hobby (asian ball jointed dolls) I had a commission to finish and a baby quilt to make and finish before the 16th of March so all of my time has been taken up with that. I get to work more on my Amish quilt next week, hopefully!

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Just try to have fun without the rest of us ;)

Tonya Ricucci said...

oh wow - envy, envy. have a fabulous visit!

Sharon said...

I'm jealous, I even looked up the cost of plane tickets to SF. but can't convince a pal to come along. It's been so long since i've been to this city. Last trip I spent the afternoon at SOMA. Fabulous! Enjoy your day! Report back on thread colors if you can! What did they hand quilt with? black, brown, did they change colors on different parts?
Thanks

Sara said...

Yup, I'm jealous too.
Check the quilting on #93 for me, will you?
[That's the cover of the book.]

Diane said...

WOW, Amish and King Tut all in one day? Now that is one awesome double feature!

Library Gal Quilts said...

Have a wonderful time Jewel! The King Tut is wonderful. I love the alabaster things it is all magical. Give my best to the Amish Quilts and tell them Ill be there March 12th! Pam