Sunday, February 21, 2010

I think the little pink piggie is done

Hello again - Lynley here from Canberra, Australia. I added some more pink to my pinwheels crib quilt, in a border, and I think that's where it will stop! I used a liberated blunt sawtooth border which was heaps of fun to make, and gives another splash of colour round the edges.


I had no end of trouble trying to think up words ... everything I thought of was far too serious for this little quilt. Even putting my initials seemed too sober, and anything in uppercase was completely out of the question. So, some days, you end up with a little pink pig.


The photos are of the quilt on the batting and backing, just before I pinned it this afternoon. Now it's in the queue to be hand-quilted. I can guarantee that stage will be a bit slower, especially given it's in a line behind two queen-size quilts ... and TV is just terrible at the moment. No reason to sit on the sofa every evening and quilt!

13 comments:

laura said...

Your swine is devine! Very happy looking.

Tonya Ricucci said...

what a hoot. completely unexpected and fun. love that border. you did great!!!

Marit said...

Just love it - fun, cute and original! Have fun with the quilting part...

Kathy said...

I love the name little pink pig! very cute...the quilt looks fantastic!

Rene' said...

I really like your color combination. Your choice of names is terrific as is your free pieced lettering. Great job!

beth said...

I love everything about this one! Wonderful!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous! You captured the feel perfectly! Congrats!!!!!

Jewel said...

I love it! That is a super name and fits it to a tee!

Sharon said...

fabulous!

Kristin Shields said...

Wonderful! Love your little pink pig!

wishes, true and kind said...

Cute! Love the sawtooth border! It adds so much to the quilt!

jmb_craftypickle said...

Great top! I love the coloring of the pinwheels AND the sawtooth squares...it looks fantastic!

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Wow! wow! love all the triangles