Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend update

Wow, you guys have been busy. All these great pics of works in progress put me to shame and so I put some time in the sewing room this weekend. Here's my progress. I'm using the bag of hand dyes and for some reason I'm missing one. So there are 17 colors and I need 20 stars for my layout. I chose to make 2 of each of these colors. I also wanted to randonize a black center for some blocks. Sat a.m. I took an EQ6 class and I couldn't resist buying a couple of solids for borders. Dusty lime green and a plummy burgundy solid. I have lots of blacks and after I sorted through all the different blacks, I was reading how the Amish will use several pieces of the same color, but not necessarily the same dye lot. Whoohoo. I can use up those mis matched blacks that I have!
Here are a few blocks so far.

This is a rough sketch of my plan. I've changed the blocks to finish at 5 inches, I wanted them a bit smaller than my plan. This will bring down the finished size as I was getting too big for this project!
I'm loving everyone else's work. Seeing pics will keep me motivated!

2 comments:

Jewel said...

Really pretty bright colors. I love the scrappy black idea. I noticed the differences in some of the quilts and it does add dimension.

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

oh wow!!!!!