Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Patty A. is joining the party!


Hello my name is Patty. I lived in beautiful Tuscarawas County, Ohio for more than 30 years. Tuscarawas County is next to Holmes County. I now live in Summit County, Ohio (ugh!). I have been quilting for a long time and my first exposure to Amish quilting was in the mid-70's. My first bars quilt was made with calicos instead of solids - oops! I still work at Miller's Dry Goods in Charm, Holmes Co., Ohio twice a year at their two biggest sales in May and October.
I hand dye fabric for my art quilts, make a lot of baby quilts for gifts, made a lot of quilts (as gifts) for some very famous musicians (stay tuned for more stories, see the one I have posted on my blog), and right now I am into making quilts with african dutch wax fabrics. The quilt pictured is one I recently sold. It is made with all kinds of african fabrics.
I am excited to join the quilting party! Now I just have to figure out what I am going to make.
Stop over at my blog and sign up for the giveaway I am having. Names will be drawn Feb. 24.

3 comments:

Kim said...

cool..how do we get to your blog?

Happy Sewing

Wendy said...

Kim, that's http://pattythequiltlady.blogspot.com/

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilt. you've been lucky to see all those Amish quilts in Ohio. yeah, deciding can be difficult!