Monday, February 8, 2010

Definetly Roman Stripes



Here is every solid in the stash, and some Marimekko black I have been hoarding. I cut one 2.5 inch strip from each color. I only repeated two colors- the blue chambray, because I am low on blues, and the magenta, because it was so juicy.
This is set number one. Muggles the Poodle seems to like it, but it is my least favorite.
Setting number two has promise, but I would need a lot more blocks and then the quilt would be bigger than I want. These are 12.5 inch blocks, btw.
Setting number three has a lot of promise. I like the crashing stripes.
Setting number four is my fave, so far. Had to go pick the kids up from school, so mama's sewing time is over for the day.

As for what do I call my space? The sewing cave. I share the kid's playroom. However, they have decided that they are too old to have a playroom, so they call it the basement. But it's not underground. No reasoning with them.

9 comments:

Michele said...

Very pretty! Not just your pup! Love those blocks. You are a whiz with color.

Kim said...

Yeah I agree Streak of lightning is
is the hot ticket.

Happy sewing

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

love that big fab crazy square...

Tonya Ricucci said...

I do like the zigzaginess of 4. love the bright colors.

Clare said...

No. 4 - definitely.

Kathy said...

I like number 4 and I really LOVE that black fabric!

Jewel said...

I love the bright colors.

Marit said...

Love your colors, and that black Marimekko adds a very interesting texture to the quilt. Lots of fun layouts, the zig zag is great!!

Brenda said...

lovely, lovely, lovely. I like them all, but the last two are the best.