Sunday, February 21, 2010

Making headway

I've been popping in and out of my sewing room this weekend.  Between quilting for others, going to Vancouver BC to see some Olympic flavor and mowing my lawn, I've got the center of my quilt done.  I know, strange how I've had to mow my lawn, yet I spent the afternoon/evening at the Winter Olympics!
Now to work on the border and lettering. I've never made any liberated letters, but I have all the instructions from Tonya's blog/website. I've got my words picked out. I think I want a colored narrow border, but just don't know what that is yet and my letters are going to be a rainbow of colors to match the stars with black background.

Here is a picture of the Olympic flame, pretty impressive.
Sharon in Blaine

4 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wow! mowing when it should be snowing!

Kim said...

So why the fence around it?
Isn't it high enough not to cause problems? Are you enjoying those 50 degree plus days?

Have you seen a narrow border of squares or rectangles of all the colors in the quilt top? Its a nice effect and would pull some color before your letters.
But you know your quilt will tell you what it needs :0). Your top is great so far!

Happy sewing

Sharon said...

Wow! LOVE your stars...so bright and happy! It's lookin' good so far.

Rosalyn Manesse said...

OK! great colors