Thursday, February 11, 2010

wip


There has been a bit of progress. Sadly the poor winter light makes it difficult to get a true picture of the colors.

I have put together the blocks in sashing. Quite scrappy (liberated), using every piece (leftovers from the 2 Cherrywood Grab bags I started with). Not having a big amount of fabric to begin with was a bit liberating, too. I just used what I had.

The dark purple in the frame is a piece of Kona Cotton. I think it gives a nice difference in texture and depth of color.

Next step is the letters and numbers.... Just waiting for more fabric to play with ; )
Wish me luck...

11 comments:

Jewel said...

It's gorgeous! I love it!

Kristin Shields said...

Fabulous! It's looking great so far!

Sharon said...

It's fantastic. I love the colors, layouts, terrific!

beth said...

this is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

the liberated lay-out is very unique......strong work!

Kathy said...

it looks marvelous!

Kim said...

Oh wow.....I am inspired!
I am still waiting for my book and fabrics......
Lovely color flow across the quilt and this is how these quilts were made..with what they had :0)

Just lovely,
Happy sewing

YankeeQuilter said...

ouh, ouh, ouh, love the sashing and the little wandering block in the upper corner!

How big is this?

Marit said...

Thank you for all the encouraging comments!

; )

Tonya Ricucci said...

Marit, this is just gorgeous. beautiful job!

Anonymous said...

I do not think you need luck! It is lovely.