Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Inspiration

Tonya here. 

I'm still having fun making and playing with components, with no idea of where I'm going.


I just want to clarify a few points of this challenge/project we're all doing. You're being inspired by a quilt - that's your starting point. You can go any direction you want to from there. Make this YOUR quilt. In the end it doesn't have to look like the original.

Also, I wanted to leave the interpretation of "Liberated" pretty loose. There's no one way a quilt has to be liberated. You don't have to do "wonky" if you don't want to. Be free how you choose to be.

5 comments:

sophie said...

Thanks for the clarification.

Your design wall is looking very interesting. Can't wait to see where you land with your Ocean Waves inspired quilt.

Jewel said...

I love the fabrics you are using Tonya... especially that suede-y lavender... so pretty!

Brenda said...

thanks for the clarification. In some ways, Amish quilts are liberated just because they aren't bound to the latest quilt fashion, yet they still look fresh and new. I'm liking where you are going with your project, but I can't envision working with so many HSTs myself. it will be an amazing quilt!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Good points - liberated does not always equal wonky.

Sharon said...

Thanks for that clarification, Tonya! That helped me.

I really like what you've got going on here. This will be fun to see what direction you take this . . . or it takes you!